Build contacts, build experience, engineer your career
The School of of Built Environment & Engineering represents an inclusive and enthusiastic community of staff, students and professional partners who recognise that what they do, design and develop will have a lasting impact on the fabric of society. Joining this school is your opportunity to leave a tangible imprint on our neighbourhoods of the future – locally, regionally, nationally and internationally.
The quality of the professional experience and expertise of the staff in the School – and the unique industry links and connections they facilitate – will help you forge a meaningful understanding of how to plan, design, construct, protect and maintain the world around us. And how together we can collaborate with industry to make a real-world difference.
The majority of our courses are accredited by professional bodies – 17 in total – allowing you to develop both the academic and the hands-on practical experience that is so valued by employers. You have the unique opportunity to leave university with both a degree and full professional status. Our annual careers fair provides an opportunity for students to meet with major employers who are keen to promote a range of employment opportunities including work experience, industry placements and graduate schemes. According to the DLHE 2015/16 Survey*, 96.4% of our students are in work or further study following graduation.
This school is home to the Leeds Sustainability Institute and the active enterprise hub for the regional built environment sector, the Centre for Knowledge Exchange. These allow our practicing staff to continue their valued consultancy work, and allow you to participate in community and university estate projects, often linked to relevant professional sectors.
This highly research rated school has both national and international influence – the school’s CERF group (Civil Engineering Research Facility) has a live, award-winning project in Mali exploring the impact of simplified water purification in deprived and remote regions and villages.
We aim to combine technology and knowledge; creativity and community; research and reward. Being anchored in a city with such cultural, industrial, historical and entrepreneurial perspectives only adds to the relevance and accessibility of what we offer: collaborative and imaginative ways of teaching, learning and working and state-of-the-art innovation tools and facilities; together providing clear pathways to personal growth and professional employability.
*Destination of Leavers in Higher Education (DLHE) Survey - Combined UG and PG responses.
- BA (Hons) Human Geography
- BA (Hons) Human Geography & Planning
- BA (Hons) Human Geography & History
- MPlan Planning
- APD Housing and Neighbourhood Management
- MA Housing, Regeneration & Urban Management
- PG Dip Housing, Regeneration & Urban Management
- PG Cert Housing, Regeneration & Urban Management
- MA Town & Regional Planning
- BSc (Hons) Architectural Technology
- BSc (Hons) Building Surveying
- BSc (Hons) Construction Management
- BSc (Hons) Facilities Management (Top-up)
- BSc (Hons) Quantity Surveying
- BSc (Hons) Project Management
- BSc (Hons) Project Management (Construction) (Top-up)
- BSc (Hons) Real Estate & Property Management
- MSc Architectural Technology & Design
- MSc Building Surveying
- MSc Construction Law & Dispute Resolution
- MSc Facilities Management
- MSc Project Management
- MSc Quantity Surveying Commercial Management
- MSc Strategic Project Management
- LLM Construction Law & Dispute Resolution
Celebrating 20 years of Architectural Technology at Leeds Beckett
For 20 years, Leeds Beckett’s Architectural Technology course has been educating, and inspiring students.
Academics discuss STEM careers and barriers to success at education events
Leeds Beckett academics have been promoting the importance of STEM education at local educational institutions and in the broader community.
Undergraduate Project Manager wins regional ‘student of the year’ award
A Leeds Beckett University student has been named ‘student of the year’ at the region’s 2018 Association of Project Management awards.
Our Knowledge Exchange enables employers in the construction industry to benefit from our range of services that interlink disciplines. With our support you can:
- Improve your business services
- Network across the construction industry
- Further your knowledge at forums and events
- Train in the built environment core skills
- Access funding