Short Courses and CPD
Events, Tourism and Hospitality
Tailored workshops, short courses, accredited programmes and bespoke delivery
With our University-wide expertise and network of external professional and/or accredited trainers and associates, we deliver courses from pre-employment learning through to team member training and senior executive development at Masters level and beyond.
Our specialist external delivery partners and our in-house teams provide an end-to-end offer, from mentoring and life skills to postgraduate qualifications.
We can offer you bespoke solutions for a particular training requirement, individualised courses or off-the-peg professional learning and development programmes.
For further information about our range of services and what we can offer you:
Call: 0113 812 3465
Examples of bespoke programmes
These programmes are offered to individuals and teams involved in the day-to-day management of operations at business unit level. For example, pub and restaurant managers, retail store managers, single event or event concession managers and tourism destination managers.
Multi-unit management programmes
Working together with a number of external experts and other providers, we offer a range of development opportunities for all aspects of the multi-unit manager role.
The result is a professional development package linked to academic qualifications, allowing access at various levels within the academic framework, from diploma to Masters level. The programme can be tailored for any sector in events, tourism or hospitality.
These are longer and higher-level programmes for senior managers and business executives. They offer a more strategic focus for the operation and development of businesses in our sectors. We offer three specific Masters courses which can be flexible to meet the needs of our
- MSc Multi-Unit Leadership
'Grow your own graduate'
Accreditation of graduate programmes
These are bespoke programmes which can map and assess the work undertaken by graduates on a company’s existing graduate training scheme in order to offer postgraduate qualifications, potentially up to full Masters level. These courses offer recent graduate recruits the opportunity to extend their experience of studying in a work environment.
Tailored workshops short courses
- Using future thinking to help you innovate.
- Sustainability and its relevance to events, hospitality and tourism businesses .
- Meeting the needs of international clients.
- What do they want from me? Doing and using customer research.
- Language and Culture for business and business growth (various languages).
- Social Media – mastering the art of engagement.
- Managing Performance.
- Strategic Meetings Management (SMM) – Are you ready to play?
- Creating and Managing Events.
- Sustainable Event Management.
- Coaching, Mentoring and Performance Management.
- Customer Service Management.
- Developing and implementing a service review programme: from mystery guest to digital review.
UK Centre for Events Management
Our research and enterprise activities are coordinated through the International Centre for Research in Events, Tourism and Hospitality (ICRETH).
We offer consultancy and bespoke research for industry in the areas of:• Social, environmental and local economic impact assessments relating to festivals and events.
• Policy and strategy development, especially in relation to tourism, local competitiveness, and SMEs.
• Marketing strategy and marketing research.
• Skills and other labour market analysis.
• Feasibility studies for festivals and related activities.