To view this video please enable JavaScript, and consider upgrading to a web browser that supports HTML5 video

Applying for a course without academic credit

How to apply

To apply for a course that does not have academic credit, please download and fill in the Statement of Support form. Send it back to us at the address included on the form. Please ensure that you have completed all parts of the form. This is particularly important if you are also applying for NHS funding. 

If you have any questions or require further information about your application, please email us.

How to pay

NHS/ Health Education Yorkshire and Humber funding

You may be eligible for funding provided by Health Education Yorkshire and Humber (HEYH), if you:

  • are employed by an organisation providing NHS commissioned services,
  • are a specialist public health clinician which includes those clinical staff recently transferred from the NHS into Local Authorities,
  • meet the entry criteria of the programme and have written support from your employing organisation.

Our application form asks for the required information in order to check your eligibility for funding, namely, your job title, place of work, and support from your line manager. Failure to complete the form fully may result in a delay to your booking and / or being asked to pay for the course yourself.

Please note that funding is only available for certain courses. Should you apply for funding, you will be notified whether your funding application has been successful, before being offered a place on the course.

If you are a GP, you will not be eligible for this funding so please follow instructions for payment below. For more information, contact Health Education Yorkshire and Humber:

Self or employer funded

If you or your employer are paying for the course there are a number of ways to pay:

If you are unsure about who will finance your studies, have any queries or would like more information, please email us at