Coaching & Development
The ECB Coach Education programme has undergone a significant change following a recent review, the level one qualification no longer exists and there are now two level two qualifications. More information about the new ECB Coach Education structure can be found here.
|Saturday||3 March 2018||0930-1600|
|Sunday||4 March 2018||0930-1600|
|Wednesday||7 March 2018||1730 - 2100 First Aid *|
|Sunday||18 March 2018||0930-1600|
|Sunday||15 April 2018||0930-1600|
* Optional, so please indicate on booking if you are attending
- External Candidates £285
- Leeds Beckett Students £270
Coaching children is a challenging and enormously rewarding role within the coaching pathway. Players need expertise, support and passion at every level of their development; this course is designed with your players' needs at its core.
In turn, the experiences, tasks, practices and sharing of ideas which you experience during the course are design to help equip you with the tools you need to meet your players' needs.
Just as players learn quickly, so do coaches. The challenge for all coaches is to learn as they develop, just as players do.
Who should attend
Coaches who are going to coach children from 6 to 13 years of age. They may be new coaches, existing Coaching Assistant (UKCC Level 1)/ECB Level 1 or young people and adults’ cricket coaches who wish to access the ‘children’ environment.
- Aged 17 years at least to begin the course and 18 years at assessment
- Candidates are required to have a valid First Aid certificate completed within the last three years. A 3 hour Basic Skills with AED will be included in this course.
- Candidates must attend every day of the course, complete home-study online e-module tasks in between modules and six sessions of supported practice in your own club coaching environment.
- A DBS check completed through the ECB is required as part of this course, this will be discussed and completed during the course.
- Coaches who are going to coach children from 6 to 13 years of age. They may be new coaches, existing Coaching Assistant (UKCC Level 1)/ECB Level 1 or young people and adults’ cricket coaches who wish to access the ‘children’ environment.
- ‘icoachcricket* orientation: application and planning.
- Coaching Philosophy – personal and ECB.
- Safeguarding Young Cricketers e-learning module.
- Module 1 - Introduction to Coaching Children Cricket
- Module 2 - Your Coaches “Kitbag”
- Module 3 - Developing Skills with Fixed Practice
- Module 4 - More about Player Learning
- Module 5 - Developing skills using variable practice
- Module 6 - Cricket Game based learning
- Module 7 - Integrated practice and planning
- Module 8 - Assessment preparation
- The assessment consists of formative ‘home study’ tasks demonstrating understanding and application of the course concepts (candidate must have access to a computer).
- Supported coaching practice between modules 4 and 5.
- Delivery and review of a practical coaching session.
- Multi-choice question paper
- 4 days
- Carnegie Sports Centre, Headingley Campus, Leeds, LS6 3QQ