Coaching & Development
This 3-hour course can be used as a stand-alone Basic First Aid qualification or can also be attended as an Annual Update for current First Aid at Work certificate holders.
The First Aid – Basic Skills / FAW Annual Update is for those wishing to update their skills within any 3 year period of completing the First Aid at Work or Emergency First Aid at Work qualifications.
- The HSE now recommends that first aiders undertake annual update training (this does not 'refresh' the qualification)
Since 1 January 2014 ALL our courses include Automated External Defibrillator (AED) training in line with British Heart Foundation Recommendations
The First Aid – Basic Skills / FAW Annual Update also acts as a first level qualification for those wishing to gain basic knowledge of what to do in an emergency.This qualification may be suitable for those wishing to gain a basic First Aid qualification (3 hours) as a pre-requisite for various National Governing Body coach education qualifications.
Cost £50. However we can offer preferential rates for returning customers and block bookings, please call 0113 8127437 for details
|Thursday 17 August 2017||13:00 - 16:30|
|Wednesday 13 September 2017||13:00 - 16:30|
|Thursday 28 September 2017||13:00 - 16:30|
|Friday 13 October 2017||13:00 - 16:30|
|Thursday 2 November 2017||13:00 - 16:30|
|Monday 20 November 2017||13:00 - 16:30|
|Monday 18 December 2017||13:00 - 16:30|
- Be at least 16 years of age on the first day of the course.
- All those attending this course as an FAW Annual Update, must hold a current First Aid at Work Certificate.
Candidates should demonstrate their competence to:
- Assess the situation in an emergency
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is unconscious (including seizure)
- Administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is wounded and bleeding
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is suffering from shock
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is choking
You must, in order to gain a certificate:
- attend all course hours. You will be continuously assessed on your skills throughout the duration of the course.
- A Basic Skills certificate, which is valid for three years, will be awarded to all successful Basic Skills candidates. An Annual Update certificate which is valid for one year, will be awarded to all successful Annual update candidates.
- 3.5 hours
- Leeds Beckett University, precise venue details to be confirmed in the Joining Instructions.