Coaching & Development
The Emergency Aid with Automated External Defibrillation qualification is a competency based course, designed to train individuals in both theoretical and practical aspects of First Aid in low risk environments, such as offices, shops and libraries.
Since 1 January 2014 ALL our courses include Automated External Defibrillator (AED) training in line with British Heart Foundation Recommendations
Cost £85. However we can offer preferential rates for returning customers and block bookings, please call 0113 8127437
|Wednesday 16 August 2017||09:00 - 16:30|
|Wednesday 27 September 2017||09:00 - 16:30|
|Wednesday 11 October 2017||09:00 - 16:30|
|Wednesday 25 October 2017||09:00 - 16:30|
|Wednesday 15 November 2017||09:00 - 16:30|
|Wednesday 29 November 2017||09:00 - 16:30|
|Wednesday 13 December 2017||09:00 - 16:30|
- Be at least 16 years of age on the first day of the course.
- Understand the role of a first aider including reference to:o the importance of preventing cross infection;
- The need for recording incidents and actions;
- Use of available equipment;
- Assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency;
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is unconscious (including seizure);
- Administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation;
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is choking;
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is wounded and bleeding;
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is suffering from shock;
- Provide appropriate first aid for minor injuries (including small cuts, grazes and bruises, minor burns and scalds, small splinters);
You must, in order to gain a certificate:
- attend all course hours
- You will be continuously assessed on your skills throughout the duration of the course.
- An Emergency First Aid at Work certificate, which is valid for three years, will be awarded to all successful candidates.
- 1 day
- Leeds Beckett University. Precise venue details to be confirmed in the Joining Instructions.
The HSE now recommends that first aiders undertake annual refresher training. Please refer to the First Aid – Basic Skills Update/ Annual Refresher qualification for further details.