Coaching & Development
Please note that this course is for candidates who hold a current 3-day First Aid at Work qualification, who are approaching their expiry date and those candidates only.
The 2-day First Aid at Work Refresher with Automated External Defibrillator Training qualification is an intensive, competency based course, designed to train individuals in both theoretical and practical aspects of First Aid to the standards required by the Health & Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981.
Since 1 January 2014 ALL our courses include Automated External Defibrillator (AED) training in line with British Heart Foundation Recommendations
This qualification is especially suited for nominated workplace first aiders looking to gain comprehensive knowledge of First Aid. With First Aid Industry Body (FAIB) approval this course is also ideal for those involved in environments where an automated external defibrillator is available.
Cost £145, However we can offer preferential rates for returning customers. Please call 0113 8127437 for details.
|Dates Available||Time Each Day|
|17 & 18 January 2019||09:00 - 16:30|
|25 & 26 February 2019||09:00 - 16:30|
|04 & 05 March 2019||09:00 - 16:30|
|01 & 02 April 2019||09:00 - 16:30|
|20 & 21 May 2019||09:00 - 16:30|
|06 & 07 June 2019||09:00 - 16:30|
- Be at least 16 years of age on the first day of the course.
- understand the role of a first aider including reference to: the importance of preventing cross infection;
- the need for recording incidents and actions; use of available equipment;
- assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency;
- administer first aid to a casualty who is unconscious (including seizure);
- administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR);
- administer first aid to a casualty who is choking;
- administer first aid to a casualty who is wounded and bleeding;
- administer first aid to a casualty who is suffering from shock;
- administer first aid to a casualty with injuries to bones, muscles and joints, including suspected spinal injuries;
- chest injuries; burns and scalds;
- eye injuries;
- sudden poisoning;
- anaphylactic shock;
- recognise the presence of major illness and provide appropriate first aid (including heart attack, stroke, epilepsy, asthma, diabetes);
You must, in order to gain a certificate:
- attend all course hours
- Successfully complete the final practical assessment covering unconsciousness, CPR, wounds and bleeding
- A First Aid at Work certificate, which is valid for three years, will be awarded to all successful candidates.
- 2 days
- Leeds Beckett University. Precise venue to be confirmed in your Joining Instructions email.
The HSE now recommends that first aiders undertake annual refresher training. Please refer to the First Aid – Basic Skills Update/ Annual Refresher qualification for further details.