Coaching & Development
National Pool Lifeguard Qualification with Emergency First Aid & AED
This is the first step for those who wish to obtain the National Pool Lifeguard Qualification unit 18.2 and lifeguard at an indoor or outdoor pool. Ideal for those wishing to work in Leisure Centres or on Summer Camps.
IMPORTANT:PLEASE READ ALL COURSE DETAILS BEFORE APPLYING
Course Fee - Full Course
External Candidates: £245
Leeds Beckett Students/Staff: £230
External Candidates: £150
Leeds Beckett Student/Staff: £140
** Please note renewal candidates must have an existing qualification that is still in date by the final day of the course to qualify for this option. As a renewal candidate you will need to have completed 20 hours of logged training in the last 24 months, however these 20 hours can be completed on the course.**
To complete the FULL course ALL the hours listed must be completed
Academic Year 2017-2018
|Monday||4 September 2017||09:00 - 18:00|
|Tuesday||5 September 2017||09:00 - 18:00|
|Wednesday||6 September 2017||09:00 - 18:00|
|Thursday||7 September 2017||09:00 - 18:00|
|Friday||8 September 2017||09:00 - 18:00|
|Sunday||10 September 2017||13:00 - 18:00|
- Fit & healthy
- Able to jump or dive into the pool in the deep water
- Able to swim continuously for 100m on your front & 100m on your back
- Able to swim 50m in under 60 seconds
- Able to tread water in deep water for 30 seconds
- Able to surface dive to the deepest part of the pool
- Able to climb in & out of a pool unaided (without the use of steps)
- Submerse & touch the bottom of the pool with hands (feet first touch not acceptable)
- Complete 50m breaststroke legs only using a kickboard
- Breath-hold for 20 seconds floating face down in the water
Course ContentUnit 1
- Element 1 – The principles of pool lifeguarding
- Element 2 – Water Rescue Skills
- Element 3 – Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Element 4 – First Aid at Work
- Element 5 – The Lifeguard, the Law and Codes of Practice
- Element 6 – The Swimming Pool and the Role of the Lifeguard
- Element 7 – Normal Operating Plans
- Element 8 – Emergency Action Plans
- Element 9 – Provision and use of Play Equipment
- Element 10 – Diving & Jumping in Swimming Pools
- Element 11 – Fumes, Waterslides & other Water Features in Pools
- Training on AED can now be included in the NPLQ qualification. The training is designed to train individuals in both theoretical and practical aspects of First Aidwhen needing to use a defibrillator.
In order to gain an NPLQ certificate which is valid for 2 years, you must:
- Attend all course hours and successfully complete both the theory and practical assessments
- Successfully complete the on courses assessments for Unit 2
- 42 hours
- Carnegie Sports Centre, Headingley Campus, Leeds, LS6 3QQ
NPLQ 7 Sept
"Best course I have ever done. Great to learn and lots of fun"
"Amazing. Thanks Jane for being so supportive"
"Jane was fantastic! So lovely and helpful - great week"
"Jane was amazing"
"Really enjoyed the whole week, been a great experience"
"Tutor was amazing, so helpful & kind. I have already asked friends to do it"
"Jane was the nicest lady I've met a credit to the organisation"