Coaching & Development
MULTISKILLS - 1st4sport Level 2 CERTIFICATE in Multi Skills Development in Sport (QCF)
Developed in partnership with UK Coaching and other experts within the sector, the 1st4sport Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Multi-Skills Development in Sport will introduce learners to the principles of coaching fundamental movement skills and sport specific skills via the planning, delivery and review of a series of linked and progressive coaching sessions.
Individuals operating within Physical Education and School Sport across the curriculum may wish to undertake this qualification. This is a qualification for individuals without any coaching experience and do not meet the pre-requisites for the 1st4sport Level 2 Award in Multi-Skills Development in Sport.
- be at least 17 years of age
- be able to communicate effectively in English.
The learner must be 18 years of age to coach independently.
External Candidates £250
Leeds Beckett Students £235
Venue : Leeds Beckett University, Carnegie Sport Centre, LS6 3QQ
A Level 2 Multi-Skills coach will be able to apply this knowledge to sport-specific coaching sessions or plan, deliver and review sessions purely linked to the development of fundamental movement skills (such as agility, balance and coordination) or sport-specific skills (such as jumping, throwing and catching).
Learners who achieve this qualification will:
- become qualified to support children’s successful participation in sport
- learn how to design, deliver and evaluate a linked and progressive series of multi-skills activity sessions
- make a positive impact on the children they’re working with by developing their movement confidence and sport-related skills
- help children master the fundamentals of movement in a fun, imaginative and progressive way
- make sport more enjoyable for children and young people…and much more!
Delivery and Assessment
Candidates are required to attend all course dates.
Delivery will be across 4 days with one final day for practical assessment.
Learners will be required to complete a series of written tasks and also plan, deliver and review a series of at least six multi-skills coaching sessions in a real environment. the learner is also required to deliver a 40 minute practical session under the supervision of a qualified assessor.
Funding - please see Yorkshire Sport for bursary opportunities - expires 16 Feb 2018