Coaching & Development
This in-depth workshop combines the best of the two sports coach UK workshops ‘Multi-skill Clubs in Practice’ and ‘An Introduction to the FUNdamentals of Movement’ and is designed to help you integrate the ABCs into Multi-skill Club sessions.
Who is it for?/Course Pre-requisities
This practical workshop is aimed at coaches that currently work within a multi-skill club environment. You will be provided with the additional skills needed so you can include a wider range of young participants, particularly young disabled sportspeople, in your. The 6 hour session also includes ‘An Introduction to the FUNdamentals of Movement’ workshop.
This workshop is designed for those working within YST initiatives. Delegates will need to meet the following minimum criteria:
- a fully qualified teacher and/or governing body of sport Level 2 coach
- knowledge of health and safety, in particular, child welfare
- knowledge of LTAD, in particular, the FUNdamentals stage
- experience of the TOP programmes and other Multi-skill programmes
- a commitment to CPD.
This practical workshop combines the ‘Multi-skill Clubs in Practice’ and ‘An Introduction to the FUNdamentals of Movement’ workshops and is designed to help participants integrate the ABCs into Multi-skill Club sessions. It will give participants the opportunity to develop their ideas with others and share good practice.
By the end of this workshop, coaches will be able to:
- understand the key generic skills that underpin the majority of sports
- play your part in developing physical literacy in children
- improve your coaching of children
- develop your children’s multi-skill ability
- widen child participation in sport
- reduce the prospect of injury in later life
- You must, in order to gain a certificate:- attend all course hours
- 6 hours
- Carnegie Sports Centre, Headingley Campus, Leeds LS6 3QQ