Coaching & Development
To help protect yourself, the young people you are coaching and your employer by understanding and following good coaching practice. Learn about child abuse and how to handle situations if you have concerns.
- All Candidates: £35.00
|Wednesday 8 November 2017||1800-2100|
|Wednesday 13 December 2017||1800-2100|
- Identify good coaching practice to promote a positive relationship with children
- Identify sport situations and coaching practice that might constitute either poor practice or possible abuse
- Recognise the signs and symptoms of abuse and appreciate why reporting it is often so difficult
- Identity appropriate action if a child discloses he/she has been abused
- Identity appropriate action if abuse is suspected and explain the role and responsibilities of other experts (e.g. police, social services)
- Describe appropriate practice that reduces the likelihood of abuse occurring.
- You must, in order to gain a certificate: Attend all course hours (3 hour course)
- Carnegie Sports Centre, Headingley Campus, Leeds, LS6 3QQ
- Minimum Age - 16
No previous knowledge required. For all coaches who work with children.