Coaching & Development
This 4-hour course is primarily aimed at secondary teachers (KS 3) or coaches who have an existing Level 1 award or who have previously attended the VolleySport course.
It offers an opportunity for candidates’ to progress knowledge and understanding by developing the 3-a-side (mini volley) format of the game. As the tactical complexity of the game is developed new skills are introduced providing a selection of possible solutions to the challenges that are encountered.
The course is not examined and an attendance certificate is awarded to those who complete the course.
All Candidates: £45.00
- Be at least 16 years of age on the first day of the course.
- Choose appropriate practices, games and equipment in order to develop the tacticalconcepts of attack and defence; identifying strengths and weaknesses, movingopponents out of position, reading and anticipating situations and making decisions aboutusing a range of shots and court positions.
- Help players to build on existing skills and further develop a variety of skill conceptsrelated to attacking (jump attack/tip) and defending (block and forearm pass), identifycommon errors and formulate corrective practices to improve consistency and accuracy.
- Describe and use different styles of delivery and group organisation.
- Identify changes to the game for the purpose of progression, inclusion and differentiation.
- Understand, apply and adapt basic rules and refereeing for Mini-Volley
Course Exam/CertificateYou must, in order to gain a certificate:
- Attend all course hours
- 4 Hours
- Carnegie Sports Centre, Headingley Campus, Leeds, LS6 3QQ