Coaching & Development
This course is designed for teachers with little or no experience of volleyball working at Key Stage 1 and 2 or coaches working with groups starting volleyball for the first time.
The course aims to introduce candidates to the fundamentals of movement and sending/receiving skills through the development of basic tactical concepts for attacking and defending. Modified games of 1 v 1 and 2 v 2 are explored using a set of specially designed activity cards. With a strong emphasis on teaching methodology, creative approaches to improving leadership skillsthrough communication, use of rules, equipment and group/session organisation are explored.
All Candidates: £45.00
- Be at least 16 years of age on the first day of the course.
By the end of this course candidates should be able to:
- Choose appropriate practices, games and equipment in order to introduce and developthe basic tactical concepts of attack, defence and co-operation with a team mate.
- Introduce key movement skill concepts, identify common errors and formulate correctivepractices.
- Describe and use different styles of delivery and group organisation.
- Identify changes to the game for the purpose of progression, inclusion and differentiation.
- Understand, apply and adapt basic rules and refereeing for VolleySport.
You must, in order to gain a certificate:
- Attend all course hours
- 4 Hours
- Carnegie Sports Centre, Headingley Campus, Leeds, LS6 3QQ