The Junior Athletics Academy will be starting back on Saturday 30th September 2017 after the summer break.
Term Dates for 2017/18
- Term 1- 30th September- 16th December- No session on Saturday 28th October due to half term
- Term 2- 27th January- 24th March 2018
- Term 3- 21st April- 23rd June 2018- No session on Saturday 2nd June due to half term
Our Junior Athletics Academy runs on Saturdays during term time at our Headingley Campus. The session is open to Juniors between the ages of 8-16 years and is available for all abilities. Athletes will be provided with a high quality coaching programme allowing them to develop their own individual skills, through different drills and disciplines.
A typical session will consist of 1-2 different technical athletic disciplines, such as:
- High Jump
- Long Jump
- Triple jump
- Shot put
All the activities that the Juniors take part in have key transferable skills for their development.
Times and Costs
- 12:00 - 13:00 for 8-10 year old
Cost per session: £3.00
- 13:00 - 14:30 for 11 years and above
Cost per session: £4.50
If you would like to attend the Carnegie Junior Athletics Academy please complete the attached enrollment form and return it to us. The Junior Athletics Academy is currently a drop in session, so no need to pre-book. If you would like to attend then we meet for registration in the Sport and Active Lifestyles reception area. Post code is LS6 3QQ
If you require further information then please contact the Sports Development Officer, Kirsty McPhee, on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- High quality indoor and outdoor facilities
- Develops basic track and field movements