Refereeing Development Programme
The Referee Development Programme is designed to support students develop their refereeing skills for Netball or Football.
You must be committed, reliable, flexible and willing to engage with the programme throughout its entirety, which is from October through to April. This programme works closely with our partners Powerleague and Netball Nights, who help run our Campus Sport league provision.
To apply for the programme please download the below form and return to the details provided. Applications close on Friday 7th October 2016.
Please see each respective league below for more information about the programme requirements and benefits:
- Several 5 and 7-a-side leagues running throughout the week on our Headingley Campus (Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday evenings).
- Students must hold a minimum of an FA Basic Referees qualification, or a similar qualification for refereeing small-sided games.
- 10 positions are available, and are subject to a probationary period of two weeks.
- £7.50 per hour
- Free kit
- Opportunity to secure further work with Powerleague nationwide
- Free mentoring provided by a qualified FA Referee Tutor & Assessor
- Must be available on Thursday’s between 6pm and 10pm.
- 6 positions are available.
- Students are either required to hold their C Award in Umpiring, or have experience in umpiring participants aged 16 years or over.
- Free kit
- Free Sports Membership for 2016/17 valued at £125
- Free Level 2 Award in Principles of Coaching Sport
- Free Level 2 Award in Multi-Skills
- Free Safeguarding & Protecting Children Workshop
- Free Sports Emergency Aid qualification
- Free mentoring provided by an England Netball Umpire Tutor & Assessor
- Free ticket to the annual Sports Awards Evening
For more information about the Refereeing Development Programme, please contact:
Sport & Fitness Manager
0113 812 4851
- Develop your CV
- Volunteer and earn benefits
- Be a part of the Campus Sport Programme