About Angela Grier
Angela is a Senior Lecturer in Social Science and Criminology. She is Admissions tutor for BA (Hons) Criminology and BA (Hons) Criminology with Psychology.
Angela has taught on Youth and Community Work, Social Work, Irish Studies, Criminology, Sociology and Social Science. She is a member of the National Association of Probation Officers. She is presently the Erasmus School lead on exchange students. Angela teaches on a wide range of modules within social science. She is Module Leader for Youth Crime and Justice and supervises undergraduate dissertation students in children youth and crime.
- Youth crime and Justice
- Culture media and society
- Being a Criminologist
- Images of Crime
Her research and interests around children and crime. Specific issues are:
- Rights to Privacy available to children in courts etc. pre-employment screening
- The position of children in the Republic of Ireland when it comes to criminal records
- The age of criminal responsibility in the UK
- An assessment and evaluation of the socio-legal analysis concerning children, young people and the youth justice system