Dr Andrew Abraham
About Dr Andrew Abraham
Andrew Abraham, PhD, is a Principal Lecturer and Academic Group Leader for Sport Coaching. His teaching and research are focused in the area of coaching practice and education. Most recently he has engaged in researching and creating a postgraduate qualification in coach education for The Football Association.
Andrew joined Leeds Beckett University in November 2007. During this time he has acted as the group leader for Sport Coaching. He has been involved with the development of numerous undergraduate and post graduate degrees in the area of sport coaching. One of the most pleasing aspects of his work is seeing graduates from these courses gain professional roles making positive impacts in the development of young people and other coaches.
Andrew has most recently been involved in developing and delivering a post graduate qualification to coach educators within The English Football Association.
- BSc (Hons) Sports Coaching
- MSc Sport Coaching
Andrew has three interlinked research interests:
- Understanding and developing effective coach education practice.
- Understanding and developing effective coaching practice.
- Understanding the role of effective coaching practice on the talent development of young people.
The impact of this work can be seen in the creation of:
- The level 4 guidelines for coaching in the UK
- The development of Sport Coaching degree standards for the International Council for Coaching Excellence
- The delivery of a Post Graduate Certificate in Coach Education for The English Football Association