Dr Athanassios Bissas
About Dr Athanassios Bissas
Dr Bissas graduated from the University of Athens, Greece in 1993 with a BA in Physical Education and Sports Studies.
He then moved to the UK where he gained an MSc in Sport & Exercise Science from Leeds Beckett in 1995. In 1997 he started his PhD at Leeds Beckett and for the following three years he worked as a part-time lecturer.
In January 2000 he moved to York St John College to work as a Lecturer in Biomechanics & Sports Technology. In March 2002 he returned to Leeds Beckett as a Lecturer in Sport Biomechanics.
Dr Bissas currently teaches BSc Sport & Exercise Science, MSc Sport & Exercise Science and MSc in Osteopathic Sports Care.
Dr Bissas' recent research has included "Biomechanics of sprint running", "Strength/sprint training neuromuscular adaptations" and "Measurement and evaluation of strength/power".
- Beckett leads the way in athletics research
- Leeds academics collect data at biggest indoor athletics event in the world
- Trauma Surgeon joins Carnegie School of Sport at Leeds Beckett
- Academics share research findings with elite athletes in Monaco
- Researchers complete huge biomechanics research project
- Leeds Beckett academics lead biggest ever athletics biomechanics research project