Dr Duncan Radley
About Dr Duncan Radley
Duncan has been involved in obesity research since the commencement of community-based child weight management interventions in the UK in 1999. He has unique experience in the field having held former appointments as Research Manager for two of the UK’s leading weight management service providers (MoreLife and MEND).
Duncan completed his PhD examining the cross-sectional and longitudinal validity of body composition measurement techniques in overweight and obese adolescents in 2008, having previously gained a First Class BSc (Hons) in Sport and Exercise Science.
Duncan’s published work and continued research interests focus on community-based interventions, body composition methodologies, dietary manipulation, appetite, obesity prevalence and the obesogenic environment.
Duncan is currently working on a range of research projects, including:
- Methods to monitor location and food/physical activity behaviours.
- The association between obesity, food exposure and consumption.
- The association between obesity, green space and physical activity.
- Community-based weight management.
- Physical activity and academic achievement.