Dr Gary Raine
About Dr Gary Raine
Gary completed his PhD in 2009, which examined the commercialisation of primary education from the perspective of Health Promotion.
Gary has particularly strong skills in quantitative research and has been involved in a range of survey based projects, evidence and data summaries and reviews within the field of health promotion and men’s health.
Some of the research Gary has worked on includes:
- “What works for boys & men in mental health promotion?” Literature review and environmental scan conducted on behalf of Movember
- Movember scoping report: An overview of the UK mental health landscape with specific emphasis on men’s mental wellbeing.
- Evaluation of the local Mind resilience programmes
- Evaluation of Age UK Together for Health programme
- The role of men in gender equality in the UK. Conducted on behalf on the European Commission.
- A systematic review of the effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of peer-based interventions to maintain and improve prisoner health in prison settings.
- A systematic review of qualitative research exploring patients’ experiences of penile cancer.