Dr Philip Tether
About Dr Philip Tether
Dr Tether a Senior Lecturer at Leeds Beckett University where he works in the Business School. He teaches on a number of business-related courses and is currently researching the role of government (local, national and EU) in innovation.
Philip's degrees are all in the area of politics (see below) hence the research interest in the role of government in the promotion of innovation. He is the module leader for a final level unit - 'Leading Innovation and Change' which is a vehicle for his research interests and findings. Philip has an extensive research history in relation to social policy and alcohol problems - he was a Senior research Fellow at the Institute for Health Studies, University of Hull. Philip is still active in this area, contributing to a number of local and national bodies active in this area.
- 1991 PhD, Department of Politics at the University of Hull. The thesis examined the management, activities and organisational features of local party political organisations and the way these vary according to electoral environment.
- 1977 MA in Political Philosophy, University of Hull
- 1976 BA (Hons) History and Politics, (Upper Second) University of Hull
- 'Leading Innovation and Change'
- Strategic Management
- Business Enterprise Start Up
See above for core interests. Philip is also working on a number of on-line books on political themes - each about 30k words in length. The current title list includes:
- The Purpose of Politics
- Political Systems
- Popular Democracy
- Liberal Democracy
- Political Ideology and the Liberal Centre
- Political Ideology: Politics on the Right
Forthcoming titles are planned:
- Political Ideology: Politics on the Left
- The European Union (EU)
- Global Governance