About Sarah Kelsey
Sarah is a professional researcher with over 15 years of experience in social research. She is a Research Fellow in the Faculty of Business and Law at Leeds Beckett University.
Sarah has expertise in The welfare to work agenda, Local Government, Qualitative Research Methods and Evaluation Techniques (interviewing, focus groups, workshop facilitation etc.) and primary and secondary data analysis.
Prior to joining Leeds Beckett University, Sarah worked for Bradford School of Management and the University of Lincoln in research and teaching roles. She has been at Leeds Beckett University for over 10 years involved in the design and delivery of research and evaluation projects largely within the area of employment and skills. She has significant experience in applied research and contract research and expertise in social research methods such as elite interviewing, focus groups and ethnography.
Particular research interests include the nature of work, employability, supermarkets, food waste, shopping, cooking and eating. Two years ago she was co-lead on the successful obesity communication research cluster award, employing ethnographic methods as well as PI for the HEIF Award which secured funds to run a unique pilot residential course with ILM qualification for young people Not in Education, Employment or Training (NEET).
- MA Tourism and Leisure, University of Lancaster
- BA (Hons), Media Studies, University of Luton
Areas of Expertise
- The welfare to work agenda
- Local Government
- Qualitative Research Methods and Evaluation Techniques (interviewing, focus groups, workshop facilitation etc.)
- Primary and secondary data analysis
MA International Business - Dissertation Supervision
Current and Recent Project Work
- Obesity communication research cluster development award
- Review of the Adviser Assessment Tool, DWP
- Job Outcome Target National Evaluation, DWP
- Reporting Local Authority Performance to Citizens, CLG
- Peer Review: a model for performance improvement? Performance Hub
- Follow-on Evaluation of Job Outcome Target Pilots
- Social Mobility Research Project, DWP
- UPBEAT (University Partnership to Benchmark Enterprise Activities and Technologies)
- Evaluation of Local Government Capacity Building Programme, CLG
- Call Off Contract to provide research and consultancy services for the Policy and Strategy Directorate of Yorkshire Forward
- BME Business Support Evaluation - Asian Trades Link, Bradford
- Evaluation of Multiple Provider Employment Zones, DWP
- Developing a Regional Intelligence Capability, Commission for Rural Affairs
- The Employability of Young People, The Prince's Trust
- Third Phase Evaluation of the Skills for Business Network - SSDA
- New Deal for Communities National Evaluation, Bradford Trident, ODPM
- Older Workers in the UK - Fair Play Partnership