About Simon Bell
Simon is a Senior Lecturer in Events Management and the Course Leader for the MSc International Events Management. He is also a Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Academy.
Simon has worked in many areas of events and venues. He has a wealth of experience and contacts in Live Music Events and previously worked for SJM Concerts who kindly sponsor one of our graduation prizes. He represents our UK Centre for Events Management on the National Outdoor Events Association, is a member of the Production Services Association and has been part of the event management team for the V Festival every summer since it began in 1996. Simon also heads our University’s partnership in Live at Leeds - the award winning annual multi-venue music festival.
He is passionate about developing teaching in Events Management and this was recognized by his winning the 'Innovative Tutor of the Year' award in Leeds Beckett's 2014 Golden Robes Ceremony.
Simon teaches on:
- BA (Hons) Events Management
- BSc(Hons) Sports Events Management
- MSc International Events Management
- MSc Sports Events Management
- MSc Events Management (Distance Learning)
His Teaching includes the following modules:
- Level 4: Event Support Services and Law
- Level 5: Events Law and Administration, Production of Events and Professional Events Solutions (Module Leader)
- Level 6: Event Venues and Resources, Business Event Production (Module Leader) - Undergraduate Dissertation / Individual Project
- Masters Level: Event Operations Management - Postgraduate Research Project
Simon's research interests include Event Safety Management and improvements in Event Safety. He has contributed to Health and Safety guidance for the Events Industry. He is also highly interested in developing the relationships and understanding between Events Education and the diverse Events Industry.