Research at Leeds Beckett
About Simon Warren
Simon Warren (BA Hons Arch, DipArch, ARB, RIBA) is Senior Lecturer at the Leeds School of Architecture, where he leads the Post Graduate Diploma in Architectural Professional Practice (RIBA/ARB Part 3) course and co-directs Project Office, a design and research collaboration of staff and students. Project Office is an architecture consultancy concerned with ethical, social and resilient architecture and design.
By thinking about strategic urban design issues and by understanding and empowering the resources within communities the city can be made more resilient, egalitarian and coherent. This is the focus of his undergraduate design studio, CITYzen Agency.
As a practicing architect Simon has been involved in built projects across the north of England from 1992 to 2008, and was a director at Leeds practice Bauman Lyons Architects.
Simon currently teaches Design Studio in Level 5 and 6 BA Architecture and Level 7 Postgraduate Diploma in Architectural Professional Practice.
Current research is in Live Project Pedagogy and the Project Office. Recent paper, The Fareshare Project was delivered at Architecture 'LIVE PROJECTS' Pedagogy International Symposium 2012 at Oxford Brookes University.
- Art, Architecture & Design April Good News
- Students complete design of social housing scheme in Leeds - and now they want your feedback
- Leeds Beckett architecture consultancy project shortlisted for prestigious award
- Lecturers travel stateside to collect international design award
- Award-winning Leeds Beckett designed Community Centre officially launched