To view this video please enable JavaScript, and consider upgrading to a web browser that supports HTML5 video

Student Hub


Most students need to enrol using our Online Welcome & Enrolment service. We will send you an email when it’s time for you to complete the process. 

All Students - Enrolling on your course
If you are studying on a course where you are not required to enrol online the Student Administrator for your course should be sending you details about how you need to complete the enrolment process.

If you require a visa to study in the UK, you must complete your ‘International Check in’ before you will be permitted to enrol (please see the ‘International Students’ section of this page below for further details)

If you’re at all unsure whether you’ve successfully enrolled, get in touch with your student administrator to check. You can find your student administrator‘s contact details by emailing The Welcome Team.
Undergraduate Students in Receipt of Student Loans
In order to release your maintenance loan you must have first enrolled online using our Online Welcome & Enrolment service.

If you are attending our university for the first time, you also need to attend an ‘ID Check’ so we can verify your identity. You need to complete the ID check AND the Enrolment process fully to ensure your maintenance loan and any other financial entitlements you may have can be released by the Student Loans Company.

To complete the ID Check you need to bring the following documentation with you:

Or other form of photographic ID such as:

  • Driving licence
  • EU National Identity Card
  • UK HM Forces ID Card
If you do not have one of these forms of ID, please contact us for further help.

Tel: 0113 812 3000

You can find out about when the ID checking session for your course is by accessing your induction information in our Online Welcome & Enrolment service (Go to ‘My Links’ – ‘Course Induction and Welcome Information’).

Alternatively, you can contact your Student Administrator who can tell you when and where this will take place.
Postgraduate Students
You also need to enrol using our Online Welcome & Enrolment Service. You don’t need to attend an ID check however if you require a visa to study in the UK you will need to attend an International Check in session (if so, please see the ‘International Students’ section below).
International Students
If you require a visa to study with our university, you must attend an International check-in session during Welcome Week. To complete the check you need to bring the following documents with you:

  • Your passport
  • Your visa
  • Any other documents relating to your immigration status

Further information for International Students is available here, including how to get to Leeds, visas and immigration, how to pay your tuition fees, your accommodation options and much more.

Once you’ve completed your International Check in you need to enrol using our Online Welcome & Enrolment Service.

Browse A-Z