The Leeds Beckett Schools Teacher Education Partnership
The aim of the Leeds Beckett Schools Teacher Education Partnership is to take shared responsibility for improving the achievement of pupils of all abilities in Partnership schools (and beyond) by using the complementary resources and expertise of the Partnership to support:
• ITE trainees to develop their commitment to enquiry and their ability to inform teaching and learning with robust evidence including assessment data and research evidence. This involves developing trainees’ abilities to identify and evaluate existing evidence as well as generating their own context sensitive evidence that, in turn, might inform, practice more widely;
• Serving teachers, and other colleagues, to improve pupil achievement through fostering a commitment to, and capacity for, enquiry and the evidence-based enhancement of teaching and learning.
In our partnership, trainees, University and schools together seek to ensure that activities in ITE contribute to the wider organisational objectives of each partner and that ITE is linked to CPD and to each partner’s improvement and development objectives. This ambition is underpinned by the concept of securing, through ITE, a learning community of all partners.
The outcomes of partnership in Teacher Education are:
• Outstanding teachers in all phases;
• Demonstrable impact on the outcomes for learners in all phases;
• A supply of high quality of teachers and lecturers locally, regionally and nationally;
• Teachers who are committed to evidence-based practice;
• Best practice that is shared across all phases;
• Creative and effective responses to national policy in teacher education.