Withdrawing from your Course
Withdrawing from your studies can have several implications for you at the time of withdrawal and in the future.
This includes the following (amongst others):
- You may still be liable for tuition fees and other fees relating to accommodation, etc
- Your agreement with a sponsor (and in some cases the requirement to pay back or return funds to a sponsor)
- Your entitlement to funding through bodies such as the Student Loans Company
- Your visa and Tier 4 status
If you are considering withdrawing from your studies, you should discuss this with your Academic Advisor or Student Experience Team in the first instance. They may also direct you to further advice and guidance from:
- Student Money Advice Team
- Immigration Advice and Compliance
- Student Wellbeing Team
- Student Union Advice Team
You are free to seek help from any of these services at any time to discuss your options and find out what impact a permanent withdrawal may have prior to taking the decision.
Information about the overpayment of grants and loans from Student Finance England if you withdraw or suspend study can be found at Grant and Loan Overpayments
If you do still wish to withdraw from your studies, you are required to complete a Withdrawal Form which you can obtain from your Course Administrator.