The International Exchange Programme is an exciting programme which allows Leeds Beckett students to study at one of our partner universities in the Australia, America, Canada, China, Macao, Japan and New Zealand for a semester or full year. It’s a great opportunity to broaden your horizons, experience life on an international campus and travel without the cost of international student fees.
Where can I go?
We have partner universities based in popular destinations such as New York, California, Sydney and Melbourne. Majority of our international partnerships are university wide and suitable for students across most subject areas. On some courses it would be difficult to incorporate exchange as part of the degree due to external accreditation issues and professional body requirements – so please check with your Course Leader.
International students are eligible for exchange but not to their home country. International students must ensure they comply with the UKVI obligations whilst on exchange including the compliance requirements of their UK student visa.
When can I go?
Exchanges are open to full time undergraduate students during the second year of a 3 year course. You have the option to go for one semester or for a full year. You must seek approval from your Course Leader before submitting your application. Your application cannot be considered unless you have the support of your parent school.
It is not possible for you to go on exchange in your final year, as your studies would become increasingly specific and appropriate equivalents are not always available at our partner universities.
If you are interested in the programme you will need to begin the application programme in your first year so remember to give yourself plenty of time if you are looking to apply.
Am I eligible?
You need to meet the following requirements by the end of the semester in which you apply:
- Be enrolled and taking classes in a degree course at Leeds Beckett University in the semester of application
- Have successfully passed your 1st year of full-time study (120 credit points), and do not carry any failed modules
- Have achieved at least an average grade of 50% or higher in your 1st year of full-time study
- Have passed all modules in the semester in which you are applying
- Met the specific course requirements set by your School and/or Faculty (check with Course Leader and/or Erasmus Coordinator)
- Have your exchange application endorsed by your Faculty
The Exchanges, Study Abroad and Volunteering Office reserves the right at any stage to reverse any decision regarding nomination and/or acceptance made if you fail to meet any of the above requirements.