To view this video please enable JavaScript, and consider upgrading to a web browser that supports HTML5 video

Scholarships & Additional Funding

High Achievers Scholarship

Here at Leeds Beckett we recognise and celebrate success. We're offering a High Achievers Scholarship to students who get A level grades ABB+ or equivalent. We know you will work hard to achieve these qualifications and this scholarship is an acknowledgement of your hard work and commitment.

Who is eligible?

Full-time undergraduates from the UK starting in 2016 who achieve three A level grades at ABB+ or equivalent qualifications.

How does it work?
You can view the terms and conditions of the High Achievers Scholarship to see if you might qualify here.

Additional funding from Leeds Beckett University

Leeds Beckett Care Leavers’ Bursary
If you have been in care prior to starting university, you may be eligible for a bursary of £1,500 in each year that you remain enrolled on your undergraduate course.

You can find out more from our Bursary & Scholarship Officer by emailing

Sports Scholarships
These scholarships are designed to help you receive technical, pastoral and financial support whilst developing your sporting performance alongside your studies.

You can find more information on our dedicated Sports Scholarships page.

Tenancy Deposit Scheme
If you have difficulty paying a deposit for your accommodation and are from a low income background, you are classed as an independent or estranged student or you are in receipt of welfare benefits, you may be able to apply for help through the Leeds Beckett Hardship Scheme.

Hardship funds
Our Hardship Funds may be able to provide you with additional help to meet unexpected financial hardship you may face at university. Most awards made from the Hardship Funds do not have to be repaid.

Please contact Money Support for more detail, on 0113 812 6701.

DSA Scheme
The University will pay the first £200 of a laptop deemed necessary though your Disabled Students Allowance (DSA) needs assessment if your household income is under £25,000. The payment will be made directly to a pre-approved supplier.

You should contact Disability Advice for more detail about the application process for this support.

Additional funding from the Government

You may also be eligible to apply for additional funding from the Government. Grants and allowances currently on offer include:

  • Childcare Grant
  • Parents’ Learning Allowance
  • Adult Dependents’ Grant
  • Disabled Students’ Allowance

More information is available on the website.

Undergraduate FAQs

Do I have to have specific qualifications when applying for a course (e.g. if applying for law do I need A level law qualifications)?
All our courses have different entry requirements. Some courses do require specific qualifications for entry, others do not. You should check the Online Prospectus for details of entry requirements. If you need to check for a particular course please contact our Admissions team by email on or by telephoning 0113 812 3113.
How do I contact the Admissions Office?
The address and contact details for the Admissions office are as follows:

Student Admissions
Leeds Beckett University
Carnegie Pavilion
Headingley Campus

Tel: 0113 812 3113
How long can I defer for? I have already deferred my place once.

Unfortunately, you are only allowed to defer for one year. If you have extenuating circumstances that may require your deferral for a further year then please email us at with full details of those circumstances so that your request can be considered. Please also provide your full name, UCAS personal ID and course.

I have applied for one course but I would like to apply for another course?
For UCAS applicants, you have 5 choices on application. If you have used up all your 5 choices you cannot make any more choices. However if you have made the wrong choice and you have not yet received a decision on your application then you could contact UCAS to substitute one of your choices. If you have already received a decision on your application and want to change then this is not possible and you may have to go through Clearing. For postgraduate, part-time and distance learning courses you can simply apply. For all courses it is important that you check the course availability and your application status. Please send an email to with your full name, UCAS personal ID and details of the changes that you would like to make.
What evidence do you require from me to confirm my place?

If you applied through UCAS, it is likely that we will receive some, if not all of your examination results via UCAS. If you have been asked to send your results in to us, this will be detailed on your offer letter/UCAS Track. It is very important that you do so as soon as possible after receiving your results. They can be faxed to us on 0113 812 3144 or scanned to if you applied via UCAS. If you applied directly to us, please send them to Please make sure you have put your name and Personal ID/Leeds Beckett number on the correspondence to avoid any delays in confirming your place with us.