About Our University
What can I do?
Everything we do has an impact on the environment around us. However, we can all make a positive difference by making small changes to our behaviour.
At Leeds Beckett we are working to reduce our waste and have a Zero Waste to Landfill policy , help us meet this by using the waste sorting bins around campus. At the university, we are working hard to reduce waste through Warpit. This is a platform for reusing items which are not-used anymore and that are destined to landfill. Staff can then claim them and give these items a second-life.
- Reduce the amount of meat and dairy products you eat.
- Buy organic and local.
- Grow your own.
- Plan your shopping.
- Reduce your thermostat by 1 degree.
- Turn down your heating at night to 17 degrees.
- Stop all draughts.
- Drink tap water.
- Walk or cycle to university.
- Use public transport.
- Buy an electric or hybrid vehicle.
- Find out how your bank invests its profits.
- Ask for your bank’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR), sustainability or environmental report.
- Donate £1 a month to a wildlife charity.
We’re interested in your ideas on how we can make positive changes and minimise our impacts. Contact us now What can I do?