To view this video please enable JavaScript, and consider upgrading to a web browser that supports HTML5 video

International Applicants

Students By AccomodationAs an international student there is a range of accommodation options open to you.

University Accommodation

The University's modern student accommodation provide over 4000 places for both UK and international students and are regarded as some of the best in the UK. Most of the accommodation is en-suite bedrooms in self-catering flats with shared kitchen facilities. Some rooms have shared bathroom facilities. You may share kitchen and bathroom facilities with 2 to 6 people. All are conveniently linked by excellent public transport. University Halls are occupied by students enjoying the freedom of living away from home.

  • Living in University accommodation cultivates friendships with people of different nationalities and the international atmosphere helps learning about each other's culture. Some of our smaller residences such as Woodhouse are preferred by our international students because it offers close proximity to the campus and city centre within quieter surroundings.
  • The Residence Life Team can help you settle in and make the most of your time in Leeds.
  • University accommodation includes utility bills, including; heating, lighting, personal insurance and internet. The only other items you have to pay for are your food and TV licence.

Can I still apply to halls if I will be 17 when I move in?

We welcome students who are 17 to our university residential accommodation but please note that our accommodation is primarily used by adults who are 18 and over. Wherever possible, you will share your accommodation with other students aged under 18, though some facilities, such as kitchen areas, may be shared with adults. The Residence Life Team will meet you regularly to check on your welfare. The university does not act ‘in loco parentis’ and cannot provide 24 hour supervision for 17 year olds. 

To apply for University accommodation simply complete the Online Application.

Private Accommodation

Private rented accommodation is available through Unipol Student Homes. Unipol is a housing charity that aims to help students make informed decisions about the type of accommodation they would like to live in while studying in Leeds. Unipol is a good place to start your search for accommodation if you would prefer to share a more intimate and independent environment with smaller groups. Be aware that you will have to budget for your own bills.

To book accommodation through Unipol, visit

International Student Advice Centre

Support and confidential advice about any issue relating to international students, including information on visa extensions, family visits, work permits, police registration, change in immigration status and pre-departure support.
Tel: +44 (0)113 812 5612
Back to Top Button