Cultural and sporting events
Our university works in partnership with a range of organisations.
These encompassing educational and co-curricular activities ensure our students and recent alumni (up to five years) get the best from their studies and gives them the best possible preparation for life after Leeds Beckett.
Since 2010, more than 1,500 students have volunteered through our partners. Working with some of the country’s top organisations, our students have gained invaluable experience, developed workplace skills and learned from leading industry experts. Just a few of the amazing opportunities we have been able to offer to our students and alumni over recent years include:
- Supporting the ITU World Triathlon in Leeds - the country's largest triathlon event.
- Volunteering at the Audio and Radio Industry Awards (ARIAS) in Leeds.
- Assisting with Live at Leeds and Slam Dunk festivals held in the heart of our city centre by Futuresound since 2013.
- Presenting the Addingham Festival at the Tour de France Grand Départ in 2014.
- Working in the Athletes Village at the 2012 London Olympic and Paralympic Games.
- Work placements, internships, volunteering and paid employment opportunities with Leeds Rugby.