We have a saying in our office: ‘Keep it real!’ Keeping it real for our second year Primary Education 5-11 and final year Primary Education 3-7 trainees, (with QTS), includes the Alwoodley Reading Project, first established in 2013 and extended following our Ofsted Phonics Monitoring Visit in 2015.
- January (3)
- Let's talk about... challenges and opportunities in coaching
- Let's talk about... enabling inclusive education
- Pause for thought?
- Let's talk about starting out as a teacher
- How can we best support early career teachers? Can collaboration, a social life and autonomy make a difference?
- Conference for Newly Qualified Teachers (NQTs)
- Mental Health: the problem with a clinical approach
- Artefacts of practice; learning in lockdown
- Time to reflect?
- Early Years Practitioners: Why 'goodwill' working alone should not be enough
- Learning, Emotional Intelligence and Leadership
- The Alwoodley Reading Project - World Book Day
- Let's talk about better leadership and culture
- Let's talk about... the profession and professionalism
- Building the future; the legacy of professional learning
- Can coaching help school leaders during the pandemic?
- NQTs thoughts on ‘Home Teaching’.
- Time to Celebrate; Building a Fellowship for Professional Learning through CollectivED
- Reimagining Home Together: Saving Planet Anksi!
- Is the Department for Education rushing through the new Reception Baseline Assessment?
- Mentors Matter; unique challenges and opportunities for new teachers in an uncertain time.
- The right response?
- We are Carnegie Educators
- The theme for Mental Health Awareness week is Kindness
- Finding our Face Mode: courage, coaching and Covid:19
- Calling All Primary School Children…
- Does supervision help school leaders during the pandemic? A new research question
- Why Kindness Matters?
- A Better Education Built on Networks; Welcoming our New CollectivED Fellows
- CollectivED ‘Let’s Talk About…Better Professional Conversations ’
- Mentoring the EduMentors
- Can WE be the midwives of our own future? A call to the education sector
- Problems mount for transgender young people during COVID-19 lockdown
- Building Teaching Capacity for LGBTQ+ Inclusion with Queer Ethnic Studies
- Windrush Day
- Bridging educational phases and sectors to strengthen practice; welcoming new CollectivED fellows
- Windrush 72nd Anniversary
- Story Makers Press Novel
- Still learning after all these years
- Pre-service Induction problems to be addressed; show me the science…
- The trials and tribulations of 'Social Distancing'
- Black Lives Matter
- Coaching is more than strategies, it’s also about perception
- Not at Home
- EduTwitter; a space of public engagement and private dilemmas
- Tales of my Father: a story of immigration, racism and success
- Teaching and Education student explains why placement is so rewarding
- Primary Education student shares why she loved the residential
- Education is not a preparation for life, education is life! Adding lifeblood to education through CollectivED Fellowship
- Moderate Demands become Revolutionary when Leaders Refuse to Listen
- From challenges come wise practices; addressing the behaviour debate through teacher efficacy
- The Role of Schools in Supporting the Mental Health of Young People who Identify as LGBTQ: A 10-Point Plan
- Supporting Transgender and Gender Diverse Children in Education
- The education inspection framework: draft for consultation 2019
- Landfill or Lunchbox, should we really be eating this rubbish?
- How do white people do anti-racist work in the context of pervasive institutional whiteness across our educational institutions?
- New Year, (not so new) new thinking
- Potential benefits of peer mentoring for supporting international students in Higher Education
- Is Education Oppressive?
- Teacher mentoring; rising to the challenge of the Early Career Framework
- Social Media and its effects on children and young people’s mental health
- The Early Career Framework for Newly Qualified Teachers
- March (3)
- April (5)
- Story Makers Company: Working with children to make stories that matter
- Body image and mental health
- Mental Health in the Early Years and in Primary Schools
- Mental Health in Young People
- Join the conversation
- LGBT Inclusion in Schools
- Graduate in two years - accelerated degrees
- The new 'PE with' Ebacc scheme
- June (5)
- July (2)
- August (1)
- Nomadic enquiry: Reimagining research ethics for ‘posthuman’ times
- Unexamined privilege and schools as sites of othering: Towards an ethics of commentary and debate.
- CollectivED: Curating voices in professional learning
- Turning the PROMISE into a reality; making sense of teachers’ dilemmas as the basis of professional learning
- Bridging the Generation Gap to Produce Peer Mentoring Programmes for Unaccompanied Asylum-Seeking Children in Leeds
- The salary increase for new teachers is welcome news, but the government also needs to focus retention.
- Story Makers Festival: A critical response to the imagination gap felt by children
- Should a one-size-fits-all OFSTED inspection system continue, or should local education authorities be more accountable to their local population for their schools?
- Disability Hate Crime in West Yorkshire
- Who cares? We care!
- Inclusive Relationships Education
- Growing coaching through partnership
- Throwing down the gauntlet: the new CollectivED Advisory Board
- First Research Symposium at National Practitioners PE and Sport Conference
- Mental Health in Schools for World Mental Health Day
- Walk to School Week
- Thank a Teacher
- November (1)
- December (2)
- January (7)
- October (5)
- Newton Fund Researcher Links Workshop - Higher education and societal transformation: Decolonisation and racial equality
- 30:30 Wristband Challenge
- Unconscious Bias and The Level Playing Field
- Virtual Reality in Education: The VR Classroom
- Talking about our work as educators; stress release or active engagement?
- Le Grand Départ!
- "None of this is acceptable"
- December (1)