Carnegie Great Outdoors (CGO) have delivered 3 day supportive courses for spinal cord and brain injured rugby players since 2017 on behalf of the Rugby Football Union’s (RFU) Injured Players Foundation (IPF).
The Royal British Legion Battle Back Centre has developed a new 5-day residential course for veterans. The course is specifically focused on the needs of veterans, featuring many of the components of the highly regarded Multi Activity Course for serving personnel.
- Active Lifestyles
- Anti Doping
- Applied Obesity
- Carnegie Great Outdoors
- Clean Sport
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Human Performance
- International Women's Day
- Mental Health
- Outdoor Education
- Physical Activity and Health
- Physical Education
- Sports Broadcasting
- Sports Coaching
- Strength and Conditioning
- Student Experience
- Student Support
- Women's Football
- World Cup 2018
- International Olympic Committee - Respiratory Illness in Athletes
- Sport, Physical Activity and Health alumni Shania Boom discusses her new role, some career highlights and her time at Leeds Beckett University
- Sport Development alumni Tom talks about his career so far
- Physical Education alumni graduates with first class honours degree
- February (4)
- Employability Advancement Day
- NEWS! Clean Sport at the Front Line forum
- COVID-19 v Euro 2020
- International Women's Day - Impact in Women's Sport - Sarah Whitehead
- University Mental Health Day
- International Women's Day - Impact in Women's Sport - Ruth Brazier
- Sport Business Management student secures job as Assistant Producer for International Management Group
- International Women's Day - Impact in Women's Sport - Omar Heyward
- Four unanswered questions as Man City prepares to challenge UEFA FFP
- International Women's Day - Impact in Women's Sport - Lauren Duckworth
- International Women's Day: Impact in Women's Sport - Hayley Fitzgerald
- Sport, Politicians, and Social Media
- January (4)
- January (3)
- February (3)
- The Battle Royale for eSports Broadcasting is ON
- Why is it that is 2019 we are still talking about gender balance across sport
- Cracking the concrete ceiling in sport - Gender equality
- Working to give female coaches the opportunities: The role that men can play
- 'What's Next?'
- Five reasons why we need more gender balanced leadership in every area of life
- What does the word 'balance' mean to you?
- The Power of Role Models
- 'We kick balls, Deal with it'.
- April (3)
- May (3)
- PE does matter
- Right to be Active (R2BA) research shared with MPs at the APPG for looked-after children and care-leavers.
- Women's Sport and Media
- Dance in Education Affirming its position and place
- Why do we need to know what parents think of Physical Education and School Sport?
- Pedagogies for social justice in Physical Education: what should student teachers learn?
- What do you remember most about PE?
- Getting your Research Heard: Ways to Engage with UK Parliament
- My Placement Year in the Sponsorship Industry
- The FIFA Women's World Cup and Social Network Analysis
- Football Club Community Trusts Tackling Global Health Issues Locally
- Thinking sociologically when comparing women's and men's football
- Against the Run of Play: An Investigation into Women Footballer's Negotiation of Gender
- Demanding more from match analysis in the women's game
- From France 2019 to 'Monday Night footy'
- It's not about flooding the market but building a pipeline
- Look How Far We've Come?
- September (3)
- Students gain insight into the practical application of sport and exercise nutrition in elite sport
- Support for spinal cord and brain injured rugby players
- Sport Development graduate tells us how she secured a job working at the National Trust
- Professor Sue Backhouse and Meghan Bentley present at BDA sports nutrition study day
- December (2)
- January (2)
- February (3)
- March (4)
- April (3)
- Concerns over sport supplement usage
- “An important cog in the wheel”, but not the driver: Coaches’ perceptions of their role in doping prevention
- 'Clean' Carnegie
- Our involvement in the Injured Players Foundation ski trip
- Marie Curie Individual Fellowship Success - Rethinking the Health Experience and Active Lifestyles of Chinese Students.
- Calling on the Government for more to be done on Childhood Obesity
- Cognitive Bias - As Bad As Our Biases Would Have Us Believe?
- The FIFA World Cup and 'Banal Nationalism'
- A "New" Form of Fandom? Looking at Social Media as the "New Pub"
- Russia 2018, Racism and the Plight of England's Footballers
- England Expects: Getting an inside track on the pressure of expectations for the England team ahead of the 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Subtle goalkeeping solutions for Englands World Cup penalty shootout problem
- ECB Reaching Out to South Asian Communities
- Enabling physiotherapists to promote physical activity to people with spinal cord injury - an international collaboration
- Battle Back Centre Veterans' Courses
- Coaching female athletes (Part 2) – Put the athlete first!
- Coaching female athletes - What's really different?
- July (2)
- August (1)
- September (2)
- October (3)
- December (1)