Leeds Business School Guest Speaker Series welcomed Charlotte Valeur, recently appointed Chair of the Institute of Directors who talked about the importance of balance and the value of a perspective that blends together social, economic and environmental dynamics, spatial dimensions and the nature of power at various levels of society and organisations.
Professor David Devins and Dr Fiona Robertson were delighted to attend the first meeting of international partners working together on the ISSUE project.
As I write this question is ricocheting around Hollywood, post-Weinstein, and even the Houses of Parliament, leading in the first instance to Michael Fallon’s resignation. It is of course déjà vu. In the last decade the same cries went up after all the major governance crises - from the BBC and Jimmy Savile to the Catholic Church; from Parliament to the Mid Staffs Hospital Trust.
Society’s trust in key institutions — business, government, NGOs, and media - has reached crisis point, according to a survey by the 2017 Edelman Trust Barometer of over 33,000 respondents in 28 countries.1
- Accounting and Finance
- Business Strategy, Operations and Enterprise
- Consumer Behaviour
- Economics, Analytics and International Business
- Enterprise, Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Knowledge Exchange Events
- Leadership, Governance and People Management
- Learning and Development Programmes
- PR and Journalism
- Productivity and Management of Performance
- Research and Consultancy
- Responsible Governance and Leadership
- Strategic Communication