Your Campus Card should be sent to you when you enrol on your course. If you have not received it, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are the access arrangements in more detail:
- From Monday 24 April until the end of Semester 2, daytime access to the Sheila Silver Library at city campus will be limited to Leeds Beckett students, staff, and guest users. So, from 24 April, you will need to have your Campus Card (also known as your staff or student card) with you at all times to access the Sheila Silver Library.
- This change is in response to student feedback, to help support your learning, and to give you priority in finding study spaces within the Library.
- If you have your Campus Card with you, you’ll be able to enter immediately by scanning your card at the gate. If you forget your Campus Card, that’s not a problem – you’ll still be able to enter the Library after a brief delay to sign in.
- If you need a replacement campus card you can get this from the Student Hub. If you are required to come onto campus for your exams you’ll also need your card to prove your identity.
- Headingley Campus Library remains open to the public during the day as usual, as the layout of the building doesn’t allow for restricted access.
- The Library is still open 24/7 to all Leeds Beckett students and staff. Please note you will be breaching student regulations if you lend your Card to anyone else.
Hopefully, the new access arrangements will be helpful to everyone’s studies.
If you have any questions about this, or anything else Library, please do contact the Offsite team and we’ll do our utmost to help you.