Updates: MyBeckett, Student Email and Microsoft Office
Hello all! We hope you are all looking forward to the start of a new academic year, those of you who are returning or starting this September.
There have been some changes over Summer. MyBeckett now has a new look log in page and has renamed some of the tabs. IT Support is now IT; Employability is Opportunities and Help is Support.
The biggest change is to your University email. From 7th September (today!) your University email will change from one provided by Google (gmail) to a new Microsoft Outlook email. You can access your new Microsoft email account and via MyBeckett. Your email address and password remains the same. There's a handy guide, if you are having trouble.
Returning students, don’t panic!
- You still have all of your content (including contacts and email categories), we have moved it to Outlook for you.
- You can still access Google Drive. You can access Google Drive using your University email address and password or via MyBeckett.
Just a quick reminder….
Did you know, as a Leeds Beckett University student you can access Microsoft Office 365 for free?
- Full versions of Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Publisher, OneNote) on up to 5 Windows and Mac PCs
- Unlimited access to the online and mobile app versions of Microsoft Office, Sway and Forms
- Up to 1TB of cloud storage on OneDrive
- Access to your University email address with 50GB of mailbox storage
You can download Microsoft Office 365 in the IT tab, in MyBeckett. We have a helpful online guide, to help you do this.