Offsite is Leeds Beckett Library’s service to support distance learners in their use of the library. Many of you will have joined Offsite already, as part of getting loads of things sorted out at the start of term. A massive 218 people have joined Offsite since the start of the academic year, in fact! Thank you to those of you who have already been in touch.
If you’re a distance learner and you’ve already joined Offsite but can’t remember what we do, or if you haven’t heard of us at all, here’s a brief summary of what we can help with:
- library and IT support to Distance Learners and students based off-campus
- being a virtual equivalent to popping into the library for help
- accessing and logging in to electronic resources (such as ebooks, ejournals, databases)
- any queries about your Library account (inc. fines, renewals)
- accessing other university libraries
- posting books out to you (if you’re in the UK or mainland Europe)
- providing copies of journal articles and book chapters
- pointing you towards other useful library services, such as specific subject support through your Academic librarian, or Skills for Learning, who can help you develop your academic skills
You first need to register with Offsite, but that’s quick and easy to do – simply log in to MyBeckett, go to the Library tab and you should find a section for Offsite. There’s a brief online form to complete, then we’ll reply to you really quickly. You can also check out our web pages for more information.