If you need help
The Library’s Advice Point will be closed from 19:00 on Friday 21 December until 08:30 on Thursday 3 January and the Libraries will be self service for students who might visit. However, you can still contact us via Chat or get IT Support by phone on 0113 812 1000. Any emails received after 18:30 on 21 December will be replied to on 3 January.
And if you're...
- visiting the Library in person, remember to bring your Campus Card with you.
- working from home you can use Discover for fast and easy searching of our resources and to access thousands of ebooks and journals.
- planning on visiting another Library - make sure you have eduroam Wi-Fi on your devices and that you’ve requested Sconul access (you need to do this before 1300 on 21st January if you haven’t already). It’s also best to check their opening times before you go!
- working on an assignment, you can get help with study skills via Skills for Learning
- submitting an assignment, you can get back get help from our MyBeckett support pages.
- lucky enough to get a shiny new device from Santa download Office 365 and save your work toOneDrive.
And you also need to know
- We will recall books with reservations on them until 13 December. Before the festive break, please check your student email in case you have to return anything before Christmas.
- You can still reserve books that are on loan but after 13th December, we won't ask for them to be returned until after 3 January.
- Applications for SCONUL Access to other university libraries submitted after 13:00 on 21 January will be processed after 3 January.
We’d love to hear from you!
Did you know you can keep track of our news on Social Media? Visit us at the:
Distance Learners can join the Leeds Beckett Distance Learning Community on Google+ to ask questions and find information and guidance from peers and the Distance Learning Unit.