Library Offsite Service
Are you joining us on a distance learning course in September 2020? Find out how the Library can support your studies.
As a prospective student you may have questions about what it will be like to study at a distance at University. We have collated the following information about the services we offer to help you.
- Our Library and Student IT Advice Team can help you set up your devices to study from home as well as answering your Library and IT queries. You can find out more about them and the support on offer in our Library video.
- 24/7 support is available via phone or chat or you can email us during the day.
- You can access 5 free copies of Office 365 for your devices, giving you access to your student email via Outlook and OneDrive to save your work.
- If you need to attend an online meeting/seminar/webinar but are unsure how, we have guides to help you to login and use the different tools.
- Thousands of electronic books, journals, databases, newspapers and multimedia resources are easily searchable via our Discover search tool.
- We work with your lecturers to make sure the titles on your reading lists are easily accessible from wherever you are studying. You can find your reading list alongside your modules in MyBeckett.
- If you live locally, you will be able to virtually browse our shelves via the online Library Catalogue and then use Click and Collect to book a time to come into the Library to collect your books.
- Our Academic Librarians have created online guides for the subjects you’re studying, directing you to key resources. You can also get appointments with them via phone and email.
Develop your skills
- Our Skills for Learning website is being relaunched, packed with resources and online workshops delivered by our Academic Skills Tutors.
- If you are submitting your assignments online we’ve created video tutorials to show you how to do this, alongside other “how to” videos on the Library YouTube channel.
- If you have a disability or dyslexia there is a dedicated web page and one-to-one support to help you make the most of our services.
How to find the latest Library updates
- Check out the Library website for full details of all our services and follow us on Twitter (@BeckettLibrary) to keep up to date with the latest Library news.
- Our Coronavirus page lists the availability of our key services.
- Follow us on Twitter to keep up to date with the latest information as we make sure our services are ready to support you in September.