A BIG welcome to all new and returning students!
We have two libraries, open 24/7, every day of the year: Sheila Silver Library in the Leslie Silver Building at City Campus and Headingley Library in the James Graham Building at Headingley. You can use both of these plus over 100,000 electronic resources including ebooks and journals, on and off-campus.
As a Leeds Beckett University student you can install Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus for free for the duration of your studies so you don’t need to buy it. Don’t worry if you don’t have your own device, we have over 800 PCs with a PC Availability service to make finding a free one easy or you can borrow a laptop to use in the Library.
Over the summer we have also:
- Installed self service Laptop Loan lockers at Headingley Library. They are due to be installed at Sheila Silver in the next few weeks.
- Refurbished some more of the IT Labs at Headingley Library and put new PCs into the Book Room on the first floor and the Student Meeting Rooms
- Made it easier to find books by adding location maps to the Library Catalogue.
- Created a new IT Support tab in MyBeckett to make it easier to access functions such as Password Manager and print from home.
- Installed Office 13 and Adobe Creative Suite on all Library PCs.
- Made changes so you can now access your reading lists via your modules in MyBeckett – just click on the “Resource List” link.
Please don’t be afraid to ask Library staff if you need help in using the Library. The Help and Information Points on the ground floor of each Library are open 08:30-19:00 Monday-Friday and 11:00-17:00 on Saturdays and Sundays during term. You can also Phone Us or Chat with Us 24/7 – just see the Contact Us page.