Here are the changes you need to know about:
New Tabs and Content:
- Get Started: Use this tab during the first few weeks of term to access and download everything you need to get you started at Leeds Beckett University.
- Course: The Home tab and Groups tab have been replaced with the Course tab, which contains all the information you need regarding your specific Course and School, including who to contact for what, social media, jobs, Library resources and course evaluation tools.
- Students’ Union: The new SU tab will help you find out about upcoming events, get involved with campaigns and volunteering, join or set up clubs and societies, get confidential advice, and rate or submit student Bright Ideas.
- Academic Integrity Tutorial: this is now located in the Assessment section of your modules, explaining what plagiarism is and giving advice on how to avoid it.
A New Timetabling System:
- CMISGo: you can sync your timetable to your smart phone calendar using a new system called CMISGo, or view it on a PC.
- Emails you receive via MyBeckett now display the name of the sender rather than ‘VLE Notification’.
- MyBeckett is now fully supported by Microsoft Edge
- Discussion threads now allow you to navigate easily from thread to thread
Help and Support:
- The student guides produced by the Learning Systems team have moved and are refreshed and ready for the new academic year. The new MyBeckett Support pages contain guides to MyBeckett, Turnitin, PebblePad, Google Apps and more.