We upgrade the system every year to make sure it’s in the best shape possible to support you and we need time to complete the upgrade and to test the system so that MyBeckett is in full working order when it comes back online for you to use.
We usually carry out the upgrade over the summer to minimise disruption during the teaching year. This was not possible last summer as we had to postpone our annual MyBeckett upgrade, originally scheduled for week beginning 31 July 2017, in order to allow time for us to work with colleagues and suppliers to resolve a technical issue with the new version which emerged very late in the usual upgrade timeline.
Unfortunately, we are unable to postpone the upgrade beyond the 15th January 2018 due to a major risk to the functionality of the system if we do not upgrade before this date.
What if I need to access links I normally get through MyBeckett?Although you won’t be able to access Turnitin or your Modules and their content during this time, there are still plenty of University services which will be fully available:
- Leeds Beckett Student Email
- Library Catalogue
- My Library Account
- Web Drive and Web Files
- Results Online
- Update My Personal Information
- Campus Card and Online Top-Up (iPrint)
- Fees and Accommodation Web Payments Service
- Universal Password Manager
- Welcome & Registration for New Students
- Exam Timetables
- The Library
- Library Resources – ejournals, eBooks and Databases
- Skills for Learning
- Distance Learners – Offsite
- Interlibrary Loan Request (only available by downloading form)
- Library PC Availability
- Student Hub
What happens after the upgrade?
When the upgrade period is over, the login page will display as normal and you will be able to access MyBeckett.