Ace your literature review with Beckett Books Extra!
Starting to think about your dissertation or final project? The Library can support every stage of your academic writing journey, and one way to develop your literature review is to use Beckett Books Extra. Find out more…
What is Beckett Books Extra?
Beckett Books Extra (BBE) enables students to recommend books and other resources such as DVDs and computer games for Library stock.
Why should I use Beckett Books Extra?
BBE is particularly useful for your dissertation where you’re investigating a specific research question, requiring specialist resources for critical evaluation. Having a strong literature review will improve your overall grade and allow you to successfully develop your research argument.
How do I make a recommendation?
- Check Discover or the Library Catalogue to make sure your recommendation isn’t already in stock
- Login to MyBeckett, click the Library tab and then click the Beckett Books Extra button
- Complete the form
- If we’re unable to purchase your recommendation, we’ll email your student email address with a reason why
- Check your student email account for notification of when your book is ready to read
- For eBooks, we will send you a Library Catalogue link to access it. It should be available in 1-2 weeks
- For print books we’ll reserve it for you, and you’ll receive an email when it’s ready to collect. It should be available in 2-6 weeks
What if I need something in an accessible format?
BBE aims to buy the format of book most suited to your individual reading needs. eBooks are our first choice where available from our suppliers as they’re typically ready to read in 1-2 weeks and they’re great for Distance Learning students. However, we recognise that some students require a print book because of specific needs like Dyslexia. When you recommend, you can tell us if you are unable to use a format of book and we’ll do our best to buy the most suitable format. We’ll email your student email address if there are any issues and tell you when the book is ready to read.
Please also see our web page about accessible resources.