The Library is open 24/7 over Christmas and New Year so that you can come in and study although the second floor of Headingley Library and the fourth floor of Sheila Silver Library will be closed.You’ll need your Campus Card to access both Libraries. Staff won’t be available but you can get help via phone and chat – see our web page for more information.
You should be able to access most of our online and self service systems and resources during this time, but we can't guarantee this. If we are aware of any problems we’ll post information on Twitter but it may not be possible to resolve them until staff return on 6 January. We have set up a Christmas 2019 web page which will list any alternative access to services.
Key dates to be aware of:
- Short Loans are due back as normal throughout the Vacation so check the spine labels to see if they need to be back at 10:00 next morning or in 3 days. See our video as a reminder.
- You can reserve books that are on loan but we won't ask for them to be returned until after 6 January.
- We will recall books with reservations on them until 13 December so please continue to check your emails in case you have to return anything before you leave for Christmas.
- The last date for requesting Interlibrary Loan articles is 13:00 on Friday 20 December but book requests need to be submitted by Friday 13 December.
- Guest User applications need to be submitted by Friday 13 December. Applications received after this will be processed from 6 January.
- SCONUL Access applications need to be submitted by Wednesday 18 December. Applications received after this will be processed from 6 January.
- The last day for Offsite postal loans is Wednesday 18 December
- Any emails received after 16:30 on Saturday 21 December will be replied to on 6 January.
- Working from home you can use Discover for fast and easy searching of our resources and access thousands of ebooks and journals.
- Planning on visiting another Library make sure you have eduroam Wi-Fi on your devices (but check their opening times before you go!)
- Borrowing books or laptops and need your PIN, you can find it on the Library tab MyBeckett.
- Revising for your post Christmas exams check out the hints and tips on our exam news page.
- Submitting an assignment as soon as you get back get help from our MyBeckett support pages.
- Lucky enough to get a shiny new device from Santa download Office 365, connect to eduroam when you're back on campus and add a passcode to keep it secure!
If you need help:
You can Phone or Chat with Us for Library and student IT support throughout the Vacation. Remember that we won't be answering emails sent after 16:30 on Saturday 21 December until Monday 6 January. The Advice Point will close on Saturday 21 December at 17:00 and reopen on Sunday 5 January at 11:00.
Seasons Greetings from the Library.