Library & Student Services
Discover Library Resources
Use Discover to access thousands of Library resources and keep your research on track.
Discover is your academic search engine, searching over 90% of resources available from the Library. These include books from the Library Catalogue and most electronic journals and databases. Discover is a great place to start your research!
Top tips for using Discover
- The best browser to search Discover is Chrome. Then type in a keyword such as an article title, author or basic subject term.
- You can also use the Advanced Search option to build more complex keyword searches or limit your search to peer reviewed journals, specific dates or geographical area.
- If your initial search gives you too many hits you can also limit your results using the same limiters.
- Click Share at the top of the results list on the right hand side; go to Use Permalink and copy and save it so that you can look at your results again.
- A good way to keep track of your references as you do your research is to click on Save my results and create a My EBSCOhost account.
- You can also carry out a subject specific search in Discover by using the tailored Discover search box in your Subject Guide.
- If it looks like you're stuck whilst using Discover our chat box will open so that we can help you. Or just click the Ask Us button at the top. You can also take a look at our Discover quick guide videos and FAQs to find out more.