Working from home
You can also still recommend new eBooks for your study. You can now find information on the accessibility features of our eBook platforms on the eBook Collections page. Find the name of the eBook collection on the list and click on the Accessibility Help link.
If you need support from our Academic Support Team you can make an appointment either online, by email or by phone. Just complete the Get Help form on the Library’s Subject Support Pages.
You can return books borrowed from either Library to a drop-off point inside the main doors of the Leslie Silver Building, City Campus, 09:00 – 17:00 Monday to Friday. Please bring them in a bag to make them safer to handle. We can only accept books only at this point - please hold on to laptops. Your loans will stay on your account for now but we’re not charging any fines whilst the Library is closed.
If you don’t want to make the journey yet or can’t get to City Campus please don’t worry, just hold on to your books for a while longer.
Please check the Media Loans website for their arrangements for returning equipment.
Graduating this Summer
If you are graduating this summer you will lose access to your university accounts by 29 September.
1. MyBeckett, your student email account, P:drive (webfiles) will remain active until 29 September 2020. Back up any files you need and transfer emails and contacts to an alternative account before then.
2. Your Microsoft Office 365 account will remain active until 29 September, after that access to the full version will end and any installed software will become read-only. Transfer any content you're likely to need in the future.
3. You'll also lose access to your OneDrive on 29 September, so move any saved work to a different storage location before then.
4. The Alumni tab will appear in MyBeckett within five days of your award being confirmed and this will give you more information.
5. You can use Google Takeout to transfer docs, calendars and YouTube videos.
6. Creating a free PebblePad Alumni Account will enable you to keep all of your PebblePad work and store it in a new personal account. Our step-by-step guide shows you how to convert your account. If you want an alumni account, please create it before 29 September.
7. Make sure your personal data is up-to-date
How to find the latest Library updates
Check out the Library website for full details of all our services and follow us on Twitter (@BeckettLibrary) to keep up to date with the latest Library news.
Our Coronavirus page lists the availability of our key services.
We will be updating our web pages during the summer with information about services for the new academic year.