School of Cultural Studies and Humanities | Blog

Marketing success for English Lit graduate

It was during a university work placement at a publishing house when Courtney Castle, English Literature graduate, discovered how her creative writing talents could be transferred to writing social and online web content. Less than a year after graduating from Leeds Beckett University, Courtney is already successfully making her way up the marketing career ladder.

Marketing Success for English Lit Graduate

Drawn to the English Literature course because of its Shakespeare and poetry module content, Courtney has fond memories of moving to Leeds to study. Courtney said: “I had a friend already at Leeds Beckett University, and so when I visited her and saw the city, there was no doubt that Leeds was for me! My best memories of university are living in halls during my first year. Living in Marsden House with my friends, going out, exploring the new city was the best.”

“I found a passion for marketing during my second year whilst I was on a placement at a publishing house. When I graduated in 2018, I began applying for social media and marketing roles.”

It wasn’t long before Courtney landed a job as a Social Media Intern working for VoicePower, a speech recognition software company, and within a year she has been promoted to Marketing Coordinator. “The main skill I have carried from my degree to my job is writing. I still get to write creatively in my position when creating blogs and other content. My time at university, including creative writing modules definitely taught me these skills.”

Posted in

About the Author

Leeds Beckett Logo

Courtney Castle

Courtney Castle is an English Literature graduate from the School of Cultural Studies and Humanities at Leeds Beckett University. Courtney now works as a Marketing Coordinator at VoicePower.

Archive

Syndication