Ida Griffiths shares some thoughts on the experience:

"I sit here writing this less than one week before we fly and the reality of the trip is finally sinking in. I have a mixture of bubbling excitement, intrigue and a little twinge of anticipatory fear! For me, this trip presents the unique opportunity for me to explore a new culture in the context of my newly found passion for Counselling and Therapy; helping others navigate the waves of their lives and discover themselves in the therapeutic process.

I feel privileged to have the opportunity to share the skills and learnings I have gathered from my studies and my experiences in practice with equally enthusiastic students working towards helping others at the other side of the world. I am confident I will have much to learn from the students and staff, including being exposed to new perspectives, mind-sets and approaches to the challenges of life and ways of helping others.

I am also interested to learn more about the complex and traumatic history of this mysterious and very different part of the world; my own research has merely scraped the surface and I am sure that the power of visiting the historical sites of the killing fields will really tap into the true depths and magnitude what the people of Cambodia have been through. I am not sure what this experience will bring and what impacts I will have by participating, but I am excited to find out and I have faith in the positive ripple effect that this could catalyse in both directions.

Cambodia, here I come!"