Natasha, who is in her first year of nursing, along with fellow students, has been trained at Leeds Beckett to deliver the COVID-19 vaccine in Leeds Vaccine centres. The trainees have undertaken hours of online learning and have shadowed vaccinators. The feature shows Natasha administrating her first vaccine at the mass testing centre at Elland Road.

Reflecting on her experience Natasha said: "The training I received at Leeds Beckett University was fantastic, I felt really well supported to apply the practical side of things to the online theory we had undertaken. The training gave me the confidence and skills I needed to be able to go out and work at the vaccination centre and support the COVID-19 vaccination programme."

After the announcement of the national vaccination program, the School of Health was asked by the Leeds Health and Care Academy to use its nursing expertise to train 300 people. Currently, the university has trained 200 existing NHS staff as well as those returning from retirement.

In addition, 100 healthcare students have been contracted the NHS to administer the Covid-19 vaccine once they receive their training. The training is an integral part of Leeds Beckett’s efforts in the fight against COVID-19.